Jotform is a popular choice for small and medium businesses in healthcare, creative agencies, nonprofits and educational institutions who are getting started with building online forms for their business operations.
The tool comes with a library of free templates, allowing users to create, manage, and share their online forms in minutes.
Jotform also provides you with detailed analysis through its form analytics app to help you understand how people are behaving on your form and identify areas of improvement.
It also comes with a solid set of integrations that allow you to collect payments such as CashApp, CRM tools such as ActiveCampaign, and project management tools such as Asana.
However, experienced marketers in small businesses and marketing agencies who use Jotform to build online forms run into a couple of limitations which include:
- Jotform’s prohibitive pricing structure: The free version comes with limited customization options. Form views are also limited to 1,000 views per month so you need to upgrade to have more people viewing your online form. HIPAA compliance is not available for starter, bronze and silver pricing plans.
- Limited support: The support team is slow to respond to some of the technical challenges users run into making it difficult for them to get the help they need.
- Jotform’s user interface has too many widgets and elements that are confusing to new users, presenting a steep learning curve for those who want to continue using the tool.
These limitations, plus the fact that you can’t view the responses you get in real time and get advanced customization options from the tool has led to many professionals to seek out alternatives to Jotform.
In this article, we’ll discuss Jotform’s alternatives. Before we kick things off, let’s start off by looking at what you need to consider when looking to replace a tool in your techstack.
In this article
What should you consider when choosing a Jotform alternative?
According to the State of Martech 2022 report, the number of tools is now more than 9,000 and more entrants are joining the space every now and then.
On one hand, the presence of variety and abundance of solutions means that potential users like you have more options to pick from.
However, most tools in the same category have similar features and functionality. So if you’re stuck with a tool you don’t like, it can be hard to choose from the remaining tools to help solve the challenges you have.
And that means, whenever you’re looking for an alternative, you’ll not only have to look at features. Here’s what you’ll need to consider too to make it easier to pick an Jotform alternative:
- Cost: Is the tool you’re considering within your company’s budget for form builders? Does the tool only come with form building features or does it have added functionality like landing pages that you can use to justify the cost you will be paying and squeeze more ROI from the tool?
Reliability: What are customers saying about the alternative you’re considering? Are these customers in your niche or industry?
- Stability: Form builders come with pre-built templates while still allowing you to create your own forms from scratch. If you’re looking for a form builder with advanced customization options, does it allow you to customize your form without affecting its overall functionality?
- Compatibility: Does the alternative you’re considering integrate with other tools in your techstack?
- Room to expand: If you’re getting started with online form builders, your needs will grow over time. Will the form builder you choose grow with you and avoid switching costs in the future?
These considerations require you to overlook popularity and focus on relevance and how well the online form builder will meet your present and future needs. Here’s a list of Jotform’s alternatives:
Woorise is a lead generation and marketing platform that allows you to create online forms, landing pages, viral giveaways and contests.
- Create forms using Woorise to collect customer feedback, job applications, and event registration using the templates it comes with.
- Customize your forms using the inbuilt drag-and-drop functionality. You can also customize your form using its advanced features such as conditional logic to improve the user’s experience.
- Optimize forms for mobile devices and you can also embed them on your website and share them on social media.
- Set up automatic triggers for email notifications and confirmation messages to your respondents once they submit the form. Woorise also provides you with analytics so you can track your form’s performance over time.
- Integrate Woorise with third-party services such as 2Checkout, ConvertKit, Stripe, and ActiveCampaign to expand its functionality.
Woorise vs Jotform
When faced with a choice between Woorise and Jotform, you’re better off choosing Woorise if you’re running integrated marketing campaigns.
This allows you to take advantage of multiple features that Woorise provides such as quizzes, surveys, contests, landing pages, and giveaways on your tech stack.
When using Woorise to create online forms, all your data will be in one place so you have a single source of truth, making it easier to make informed decisions.
As a form builder, Typeform is ideal for marketers, HR teams, education institutions and product teams, helping them create beautiful, engaging, and effective forms to collect data from their customers or employees.
- Intuitive interface: Drag-and-drop capability that makes it easy to design the form layout and add custom fields.
- Wide range of customization options: Branding, navigation bars, and a progress bar create an interactive form that aligns with the language, motivations, and pain points of your ideal users.
- UTM tracking code: See where your form respondents are coming from, what device they’re using, and the name and type of the campaign you’re running.
- Analytics dashboard: See how many people viewed your form, how many people started but didn’t finish answering questions, your completion rate, and the amount of time it takes to complete your forms.
- Integrations: Typeform integrates with Slack, Zapier, Active Campaign, Salesforce and project management tools like Airtable.
Typeform vs Jotform
Just like Jotform, Typeform is a robust form builder. However, if you’re looking to create interactive forms, consider using Typeform.
In addition to helping you create online forms, Typeform comes with a no-code chatbot that you can use to capture leads, provide customer support, recommend products and register event attendees.
It also comes with VideoAsk that allows you to create an elevator pitch to introduce your survey questions. Sharing your elevator pitch in the form of a video helps your respondents connect with you and at the same time, clarify some of the questions you ask in your form to help them provide comprehensive responses.
Another form builder alternative to Jotform is forms.app.
- Create not only forms but also surveys and quizzes.
- Advanced customization features: you can create essential forms, such as lead generation, feedback collection, and market research, in a professional way.
- Free plan features: For example, collecting e-signatures, accepting payment, creating product baskets, using conditional logic, and using a calculator
- Integrations: form.app integrates with Gmail, Slack, Discord, PayPal, Mailchimp, and Zapier.
forms.app vs. Jotform
When you compare forms.app and Jotform, the first obvious feature you come across is price and features. forms.app starts at $12 per month when paid annually, while Jotform starts at $34 per month. This can be quite costly, especially for small-scale companies.
What’s more, forms.app has a more user-friendly interface than jotform, so many people will be able to create forms easily. In addition, since forms.app is fast, you don’t have to wait between transactions.
With forms.app, you do not have to give an additional fee while collecting payment via PayPal or Stripe. The only fee that users pay is to their service providers, other than that forms.app does not charge you any money as a form builder tool.
Formstack is an online form builder that enables businesses to design custom forms for lead generation, collecting customer feedback, event registrations, and payments.
- Integrations: Formstack integrates with PayPal, Airtable, HubSpot, Stripe, and Salesforce.
- Capture data from their customers in real-time and use the data to make informed decisions.
- Powerful analytics tools help businesses track responses and better understand customer behavior.
Formstack vs Jotform
While Jotform helps you collect data, Formstack helps you automate your entire workflow to collect customer information, signatures, payments, and generate documents in one place, to help you save time.
Using Jotform, the primary user is the only one allowed to create forms. Formstack, on the other hand, allows you to add different users, set permissions, and create rules that specify what a user needs to do inside the tool. This makes it easier to collaborate with your team members to create effective forms.
Wufoo is a great tool for people working in the education sector, nonprofits and event management who want to create forms for customer feedback, event registrations, and surveys.
- Ease of use features like drag-and-drop customization,
- Integrates with popular web services such as Asana, MailChimp, Salesforce, Dropbox, WordPress and Docusign.
- Powerful analytics tools to help you make the most out of your forms.
- Accepts payments from different processes such as Stripe, Chargify, PayPal, Braintree, and Freshbooks.
Wufoo vs Jotform
If you’re looking for a form builder that goes beyond the basics (e.g. Google Forms) but doesn’t have a steep learning curve like Jotform does, then Wufoo is the ideal Jotform alternative.
Momentive Inc owns Wufoo and SurveyMonkey, so if you start using Wufoo and want to scale up later, you’re free to switch to SurveyMonkey.
SurveyMonkey is ideal for small and medium businesses looking to scale and large enterprises that are looking for a simple form builder and survey tool with advanced features.
6. Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms is an online form builder that allows you to quickly and easily create powerful forms for your website, making it an ideal choice for businesses that need a reliable online form builder for their website or application.
- Create contact forms, surveys, polls, and more with just a few clicks.
- Customize your forms with various features such as conditional logic, multi-page forms, and add custom CSS to your forms to improve its overall design.
- Collect different types of data from your respondents and keep it secure. You can also export it to other tools without losing its integrity.
- Integrates with third-party services such as Campaign Monitor, HubSpot, Zapier, PayPal, Authorize.net, Dropbox, and MailChimp.
Gravity Forms vs Jotform
Since Gravity Forms is a WordPress plugin, it is ideal for users who do not have a separate form builder for their WordPress site.
The form builder is also ideal for users who are familiar with building forms from scratch and are looking for advanced customization options that aren’t expensive. Gravity Forms offers three licenses for users to choose from.
Paperform is an online form builder that enables users to quickly create forms and surveys with no coding required.
- Use PaperForm’s intuitive drag-and-drop interface, users can easily customize their forms and surveys by including custom fields and conditional logic to improve user experience, embed their forms on their websites and optimize their forms for different devices.
- Use features such as data validation, automatic calculations, and integrations with over 500+ apps to help you automate your workflows, collect payments and analyze your data.
- Integrates with Google Sheets, MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, Slack, Trello, MailerLite, and Asana.
Paperform vs Jotform
Compared to Jotform, Paperform is easier to use when creating your online forms. It also offers robust analytics to help you get better insights from the data you collect.
If you’re in ecommerce, consider using Paperform over Jotform as the tool helps you manage all your products in one place and provides you with access to more payment gateways.
8. Formidable Forms
Formidable Forms is a great tool for web developers looking to streamline their online form building process by helping them create different types of online forms such as contact forms, surveys, polls, and registration forms.
- Design forms with drag-and-drop tools and customize them with various features such as custom styling options, conditional logic, customizable HTML, calculations, payment processing options.
- Add custom fields such as checkboxes, radio buttons, text boxes, and more. Additionally, you can embed the forms into your website or blog with just a few clicks.
- Save data from your forms in the cloud or export it to CSV files for further analysis.
Formidable forms vs Jotform
Compared to Jotform, Formidable Forms has advanced customization features, making it an ideal alternative for web developers who build and design WordPress websites for their clients and want to use a plug-in to build online forms for their clients.
9. Microsoft Forms
Microsoft Forms is an online survey tool that helps you collect data from your customers, partners, and employees.
Using Microsoft Forms, you can create quizzes, surveys, and registration forms depending on your needs.
- Use different types of templates available to create and customize them according to your needs
- Use smart recommendations and built-in AI suggestions to improve the quality of questions you choose to ask in your forms.
- Embed your form, create a QR code or copy paste a link to your form and share it on different channels such as emails and social media through
- Access real time and indepth analytics showing your average time spent per question. You can also provide feedback per question.
- It integrates with all Microsoft apps such as Excel, PowerPoint, Microsft Teams, and Outlook.
Microsoft Forms vs Jotform
Both Microsoft Forms and Jotform provide a solution to business owners. However, Microsoft forms is an ideal choice for teams and educational institutions using Microsoft 365.
They’re already familiar with other apps that Microsoft offers and the seamless integration between these apps makes it easier to use Microsoft Forms to run surveys and conduct market research.
10. HubSpot Forms
Hubspot Forms is an online form builder that makes it easy to create and deploy forms on your website.
You can create custom forms with drag and drop functionality, customize them with the help of pre-built templates, and preview each form before it goes live.
- Create and connect your forms with HubSpot’s CRM tool to help you integrate your lead generation and lead nurturing efforts.
- View your form data including number of submissions, number of page views, and compare the performance of different forms.
- Send follow-up emails after a web visitor fills in your form and start nurturing them.
HubSpot Forms vs Jotform
Jotform offers a stand alone product as an online form builder, making it an ideal choice for small business owners.
HubSpot, on the other hand, offers an integrated marketing platform which includes an online form builder ideal for larger businesses that want to use online forms in addition to other features that come with HubSpot.
Each of these tools stand out over Jotform in specific situations. For example, if you’re running a marketing campaign, choose Woorise to build your forms.
If you’re a web developer or you’re using WordPress to host your website, choose Formidable Forms or Gravity Forms. If Jotform is difficult to use, go with Paperform or Formstack.
Just like Jotform, all the alternatives we’ve provided help you create and customize online forms, surveys, and collect data for analysis.
Most tools have similar features meaning that one of the major considerations to make when choosing your form builder is how you intend to use it.