With over 54,000 plugins for WordPress out there, how do you choose the best plugin that can help you to easily run a survey on your website?
It is not easy. And you can easily get confused and overwhelmed. But you do not have to.
…because we have done all the hard work for you… of testing and reading multiple reviews and compiled this list of the best survey WordPress plugins.
Every business or company owner knows that customer satisfaction is critical for success. But how do you know what your customers want (or do not want)?
Undoubtedly, collecting customer data is one of the most important things you can do for business growth. Unfortunately, according to studies, 20% of companies lack the tools needed for collecting customer data online.
With a great survey plugin, you can quickly create survey forms; add them to your WordPress website, capture responses, and view or download them in minutes.
Read our list of the best WordPress survey plugins and choose the suitable one(s) for your needs.
In this article
You can easily build customer satisfaction surveys, marketing surveys, employee surveys, market research surveys, net promoter score (NPS) surveys and more from a drag and drop interface. It’s flexible, full of customizations and comes with a lot of templates and real time reports.
Woorise is a software as a service platform (SaaS) but it also provides a lightweight WordPress plugin to easily embed your Woorise campaigns to your WordPress site.
Features of Woorise
- Build beautiful, cross-device surveys, online forms, quizzes & more
- Easy and fast design with a drag and drop builder
- Get a quick start with templates
- Export survey data to CSV or excel files
- Hundreds of different field types & social actions
- Send personalized email notifications
- Create surveys in any language
- Geo Targeting to make your survey available to specific countries
- Multi-Page Forms
- Conditional Logic
- GDPR Compliance
- Real-time analytics
You can create simple surveys even on free plan but for advanced features, dedicated survey fields and real time reports the Grow plan ($49/month) or Pro plan (starting at $99/month) are the best choices to build powerful surveys.
Additional discounts are available for annual plans.
WPForms is not only a great survey plugin but is also one of the best WordPress forms plugins that allow you to create eye-catchy contact forms, feedback forms, subscription forms, and many other types of forms for your WordPress site in minutes thanks to its drag and drop functionality.
The plugin packs a ton of features with a beginner-friendly form builder.
The multiple premade templates let users create stunning survey forms without a hassle.
With WPForms, you get real-time results of your surveys, prompt form notifications, detailed reports, etc.
What we like most about this survey plugin its conditional logic that lets users display or hide some form fields depending on user’s selections so one can gather relevant data.
You can also create your survey forms from scratch.
This tool has all the options for creating stunning survey forms including multiple-choice questions, star ratings, etc. That is the Best Custom Essay lists it as their number one in their rankings.
Features of WPForms
- Beginner-friendly interface – WPForms comes with a user-friendly interface that makes creating surveys quick and simple.
- Conditional logic – This feature lets you display or hide some fields based on certain conditions hence making your survey fresh and clean. For instance, you can send the same survey to multiple customers while hiding previous answers.
- Mobile-friendly – WPForms lets you create beautiful forms that work awesomely on any device.
- Pre-built form templates – You can use them to create survey forms fast instead of building one from scratch.
- Built-in spam protection – This feature filters all the responses to ensure only the valid ones are displayed in your reports.
- Integration – You can integrate this tool with most email marketing services.
- Unlimited users – Unlike other survey plugins that charge on per user basis, WPForms allows you to add as many users as you want under one license.
- Multiple functions – With this plugin, you can almost any form you want from donation forms to payment forms, and many others.
- Stunning survey reporting dashboard – Its reporting dashboard is gorgeous and has a ton of charts like bar graphs, lines, etc.
You can use this plugin for free with the WPForms Lite if you are just starting although it comes with limited form features.
To take advantage of its advanced features, you can upgrade to the Basic plan that starts from $39.50/year.
Quiz and Survey Master is a comprehensive WordPress plugin with amazing products and features that let you add survey forms to your website pages and posts effortlessly.
Besides, it’s one of the best free survey WordPress plugins that allow you to create different forms such as employee surveys, viral and trivia quizzes, customer satisfaction surveys, etc.
You can download this survey plugin from the WordPress directory.
What’s more, this plugin lets you customize your forms by changing the field size, fonts, Submit button, etc.
As if that’s not all the tool lets you add several types of questions in your survey like open-ended questions, multi-choice, fill in the blank, Boolean, dropdown, etc.
This plugin is not beginner-friendly though, but there are tons of helpful features to teach you how to work with it.
What we like most about this plugin is its minimalistic design elements.
Features of Quiz and Survey Master
- Various question-types – This tool allows you to add different types including true and false, open-ended questions, multiple responses, fill in the blank, and more.
- Customization – You can customize your surveys the way you want users to see them. For instance, you can change the text blocks, submit button, etc.
- Email notifications – Once users have completed a survey or quiz, you can set the tool to send an email to you or the user with the results. You can also customize this feature as well.
- Categories – The quiz maker plugin lets you categorize your questions and the results.
- Integrations – The Quiz and Survey Master survey plugin integrates with the most popular email marketing tools including Campaign Monitor, GetResponse, MailChimp, Zapier, and more.
This tool also lets users share results on their social networks.
Quiz and Survey Master pricing
Even though you can create an unlimited number of quizzes and surveys for free you need to upgrade to the Starter Plan that starts from $79/year to use its advanced features.
WP-Polls is your best free survey WordPress plugin if you’re looking for a simple tool to create polls and surveys.
This tool does not come with a form builder or customization functions. However, you can use the pre-designed templates or execute some codes to create custom forms using CSS code.
The plugin lets you create a stunning survey and add your questions and multi-choice options right from your WordPress dashboard then add the survey either through an embedded code or using a widget.
The good thing about this plugin is that it allows users to reset the results so you can reuse the same form to run other surveys.
Besides, there are more than 7 input type animation effects to enhance the flexibility of the tool.
This plugin does not come with a drag-and-drop builder though.
Features of WP-Polls
Here are some of the amazing features of this tool:
- User-friendly – You can create WP-Poll polls and add them to your WordPress site using a widget or embedded code.
- Straightforward – Given that it doesn’t come with a form builder, users can focus on creating survey polls without a problem.
- Radio buttons – You can select what radio buttons to use on your polls.
- Instant results – The tool displays the poll results instantly after one submits their vote.
- Saving function – You can save user polls in logs to see how participants voted.
This WordPress survey plugin is free.
Formidable Forms might sound like a new plugin to you but is just as powerful as the other tools featured in this list.
With this tool, you can add a poll and survey to your WordPress website effortlessly thanks to its drag-and-drop builder that does not require any coding skills to use.
The drag-and-drop feature also lets you build complex forms in minutes.
Also, the tool comes with amazing features including drop-down menus, radio buttons, Likert scale, checkboxes, and many more that let you create engaging survey forms.
This tool also offers stunning visualizations of your survey results- you can choose to display the results in tables, pie charts, etc.
This enables easy analysis of the results.
Just to let you know, this survey plugin would be useful for developers or agencies looking to build advanced survey forms as well.
You can also integrate this plugin with popular email marketing services such as ActiveCampaign, Aweber, and more to allow sharing of the survey results with others.
Features of Formidable Forms
Here are some of the incredible features of this plugin.
- User-friendly – The drag-and-drop builder lets you build surveys in no time.
- Multiple form templates – To allow you to build different types of forms.
- Online calculation form – You can send surveys to people with calculations that can be handled online.
Formidable Forms pricing
You can try this survey plugin for 14 days then upgrade to any of their paid plans that start from $49 .50 /year or any plan according to your needs.
Formerly known as Polldaddy, Crowdsignal is a powerful and efficient WordPress plugin developed by Automattic, the developers who created WordPress.com, WooCommerce, and other popular products you might have heard of out there.
We featured this plugin due to its ability to help users create surveys and polls in a matter of minutes thanks to the tons of stunning pre-built templates and drag-and-drop interface.
This plugin lets you customize your forms in real-time to make them visually appealing.
What’s more, the tool comes with over 50 fully customizable themes so you can choose one that matches your brand.
With Crowdsignal, you can create personality tests, polls, quizzes, etc. for your forms.
To make your forms interactive, you can add Net Promoter Score (NPS), Smileys, and other engaging elements.
As if that is not all, the tool lets you analyze survey results using graphs, charts, etc.
Crowdsignal is not as user-friendly as some of the plugins in this list though. However, you can use the online tutorials to learn how to use it or contact support in case of any difficulties when working with the tool.
In summary, you will find this tool easy to use if you already know how to create survey forms. Otherwise, if you have little or no background knowledge on creating forms then perhaps, you would want to check the other plugins in this list.
features of Crowdsignal
Here are some of the excellent features of the plugin:
- Simple – The drag-and-drop interface and pre-designed templates make the building of survey forms effortless.
- Survey reporting – The tool lets you gather survey results using easy-to-read reports.
- Different types of questions – You can ask multi-choice questions, add Likert scales, etc. in your surveys.
Crowdsignal has a free version although it adds its logo on your forms.
That is why you would want to upgrade to paid plans that start from $15/mo. billed annually.
Gravity Forms is another popular WordPress forms plugin that comes with powerful features to help you build powerful forms.
In fact, it is one of the top WordPress form builders out there.
We have included this tool in our list as it comes with great plugins for building survey forms, etc.
The plugin is easy to use thanks to the drag-and-drop feature that lets you build survey forms in minutes.
This tool comes with built-in tools that help users to insert forms into their WordPress websites.
One of the great additions to this tool is the Likert field that lets you make answering your questions quick and fun.
The rank field allows users to rank explicit elements on your survey.
You can also make your forms authentic and stylish by adding support ratings and radio buttons.
The conditional logic automatically displays or hides certain fields in your form based on users’ previous choices.
Unfortunately, you can only view your survey results within the admin area of your website. You can export the results to a CSV file though, although this can be time-consuming to some extent.
Gravity Forms pricing
You can buy a Gravity Forms license starting from $59 per year.
8. YOP Poll
YOP Poll is also another great plugin that lets you build survey polls inside your WordPress dashboard website and add them to your pages or posts.
This makes it easy to work with your survey polls.
But that is just the tip of the iceberg because this tool has more to offer than you can imagine.
The plugin lets you create multiple answer surveys. With this tool, you can also run more than one survey simultaneously or schedule the surveys to run sequentially.
You can also add custom fields to your forms to ask for information relevant to your brand from participants which you can use to build effective campaigns.
As if that’s not all, YOP Poll’s scheduling feature lets you set future polls so that they can run automatically when the time comes.
This plugin is compatible with any other advanced plugins and WordPress themes.
What we found amazing about this tool is that it lets you filter information so you can decide what to display on your forms as well as what to hide.
The other incredible thing about it is that it comes with shortcodes that let you insert survey forms into your landing pages or blog posts effortlessly.
Features of YOP Poll
Here are some of the features that make this plugin stand out from the crowd:
- User-friendly – The tool lets you create or edit survey polls or you can also save them for future use.
- Simultaneous or sequential polls – You can choose whether to run multiple polls at the same time or one after the other on your website.
- Shortcodes embed – You can easily insert survey forms into your blog posts or landing pages with ease.
- Poll scheduling – You can schedule polls to run automatically.
- Customization – You can customize elements of your survey forms to match your branding.
- Reset stats – Assuming you want to use the same survey polls in the future, you can just reset the stats of the previous polls.
- Built-in templates – This feature lets you build survey forms in a matter of minutes with the pre-made templates.
YOP Poll pricing
YOP Poll is open-source and free but you can take your polls to a whole new level with YOP Poll Pro plans that start from $17/mon.
A WordPress survey plugin let business owners create surveys to gather customer data that enables them to know their target audience better.
Note that while most of the plugins featured in this article are great, some are more effective and powerful than others. You can try different plugins to see the one that suits your brand before investing in it.