Business owners are seeking new and inventive ways to engage their audience. The need to engage and retain clients stems from the fact that you may need to determine their expectations and ensure that they’re truly satisfied with your product. Similarly, having a fair idea of your product’s growth rate is also crucial. Thus, you may need to discover innovative ways of interacting with customers and making sure they remain glued to your content.
One of the best ways to engage your customers is through online quizzes. The level at which humans remain focused online continues to decline due to the overwhelming information and entertainment options available in the digital space. Online quizzes can capture your customers’ minds and enable you to elicit a better and more positive response from them.
Knowing the right quiz tools requires a considerable amount of knowledge and research. For best results and effectiveness, you may need to understand a good quiz maker software’s key features before deploying it to use.
Woorise is the easiest way to create viral contests, giveaways & competitions, landing pages and engaging forms such us surveys and quizzes. Generate more sales, increase traffic, social engagement and followers. See examples
In the following list you will find the best online quiz makers tools (free and paid):
- iSpring QuizMaker
- Google Forms
- Hubspot Forms
- Microsoft Forms
Woorise allows the creation of conversational forms, quizzes, and surveys that increase user engagement. This helps collect more data and increases memory retention. Teachers and trainers use quizzes to make learning lessons a more interactive experience. The platform supports many question styles, including questions that incorporate pictures.
Engage and interact with your site visitors by presenting them with fun interactive quizzes. Need to score answers differently for each question or answer? Woorise includes the ability to set custom scores for each and every one of your answers!
- It is very easy to create quizzes using Woorise. There are many free templates to choose from when setting up a new quiz.
- The platform allows conditional logic. A conditional logic allows a quiz to respond to a user’s answers. For example, not to present questions, which are irrelevant based on a previous answer.
- Branching forks are possible for subgrouping, such as making an early choice between being a dog lover and a cat lover to see different questions for the quiz.
- Offers a calculator function, which can present different questions to respondents based on their cumulative score.
- Customize the grading method uses for the Quiz to suit your needs.
- Advanced real-time stats and rankings.
- Hide or show quiz takers their score and corrected answers, right after they finish your online quiz.
- Email a link to a quiz results page after respondents finish your quiz.
- Export your quiz statistics to popular formats such as CSV.
- Integrate quizzes and results with thousands apps.
- Need some time to get familiar to build advanced and complex quizzes.
You can create simple quizzes even on Free plan. More advanced options and score features are available on Grow ($49/month) and Pro ($99/month) plans.
2. iSpring QuizMaker
iSpring QuizMaker is one of the best choices if you want to make your assessments engaging. It allows you to create an entire range of quizzes, from standard multiple-choice tests and Likert scale surveys to drag-and-drop and hotspot quizzes.
You can also change quiz settings: set time limits and scoring parameters, randomize answer order, etc. Being so multifunctional, iSpring QuizMaker is extremely intuitive and will suit both experienced users and newbies.
- 14 question types for both graded quizzes and surveys.
- Questions and their feedback messages can be supplemented with images, audio, and video.
- Lets you create individual learning paths.
- Prevents students from cheating by setting the number of tries and time limits for each question.
- Compatible with hundreds of learning management systems.
- Can automatically send quiz results to instructors’ and/or students’ emails.
- Rich functionality.
- Very flexible settings.
- Easy to use.
- Not available for macOS.
- No templates.
- A free 30-day trial is available.
- $370 USD per user/year.
SurveyMonkey is one of the most deployed quiz makers. It’s designed to elicit the right responses from the respondents. You can find hundreds of templates and questions that are professionally written by survey methodologist. The platform also provides some free templates for HR teams and leaders.
- It creates basic polls and questionnaires in minutes.
- The design and layout of quizzes and surveys can be customized.
- Monkey survey logo remains even after customizing questionnaires and surveys.
- With the paid plan, you have unlimited use of crosstabs and filters. You can also export results.
- It’s affordable if you’re on a budget.
- It provides an extensive variety of options.
- It’s easy to use.
- The description of the membership plan is poor.
- The platform has poor customer service.
- Navigation of the website is difficult.
- The basic version is free.
- The team advantage plan costs $25/user/month.
- The team premier plan costs $75/user/month.
- All premium plans start at three users and are billed annually.
Qzzr is a web-based quiz maker that can be used by various businesses to increase social engagement and target visitors. If you’re looking for a quiz maker to help you capture clear leads, Qzzr perfectly fits the bill. It uses its social integration feature to reach a wider audience. This quiz software is cheaper than most others in the industry.
- It creates customizable questionnaires and surveys.
- It has a simple and polished interface.
- It translates to multiple languages.
- You can add images, videos, and GIFs.
- You can build online quizzes easily.
- The templates are beautiful.
- It’s designed for usage in a sales funnel and can increase revenue.
- It’s costly for the features offered.
- It has limited functionality.
- It doesn’t have the advanced features of some other quiz makers.
- There’s no free version.
- The basic plan costs $24.99 for monthly billing and $16.67/month for yearly billing.
- Enterprise plan costs $10,000 while you’d need to contact customer service to find out the cost of the Pro plan.
5. ProProfs Quiz Maker
ProProfs is one of the leading online quiz makers available today. It’s a feature-rich software that is suitable for all kinds of businesses as well as learning establishments. With ProProfs’ collection of professionally designed templates, you can easily create online quizzes, tests, assessments that look great on all devices.
- 100+ quiz templates to easily build quizzes & assessments
- 10+ question types, including video questions
- Library of 100,000+ ready-to-use questions to help you create quizzes in minutes
- 100+ settings & configurations, including security
- It is very easy to use
- Designed for all skill levels
- Doesn’t require a software installation
- It comes with a customizable lead form
- It integrates with major marketing automation tools
Some of its advanced features are confined to the premium and enterprise plan
- All plans are available with a free trial period of 15 days
- The basic plan starts at $0.25 per quiz taker/month
The riddle quiz maker is one of the best software for capturing email addresses. It’s compatible with email list software like MailChimp. With that, you can collect data from your leads and send them to other software. The maker is very suitable for small business owners and entrepreneurs. You can find it on WordPress plugins and embed it on your website.
- It’s customizable.
- It’s very good for collecting email addresses.
- It has clear step-by-step guides.
- You can customize every part.
- The platform has good customer service.
- The quizzes look old-fashioned.
- It doesn’t integrate well with all platforms.
- Reporting and admin aren’t fully functional.
- The Basic plan costs $29 per month, while Pro and Team cost $49 and $199.
- You get a 14-day free trial.
Some top brands in the industry use the Wufoo quiz maker app to create surveys. As a cloud-based platform, individuals and businesses use this app for advanced form logic. You can create HTML forms without coding. However, it may still require some expertise to grasp the more advanced features fully.
- It can easily create, store, and arrange data.
- The drag and drop feature makes it easy to operate.
- It’s customizable
- There are limited responses when using the free version.
- It has a basic design.
- The interface looks old.
- It has a free version.
- The Starter plan costs $14.08 per month, while the Professional, Advanced, and Ultimate cost $29.08, $74.08, and $183.25 per month.
SurveyAnyplace is a quiz generation software suitable for any individual who seeks to collect data in the most engaging way. It allows you to have a unique way of engaging with your audience.
It has personalized features that help you maintain the individuality of your brand. Survey Anyplace offers respondents one of the best quizzing experience as they can also download a personalized PDF report. The report is usually feedback from their responses. Survey Anyway is an incredibly good tool for surveys and quizzes for teachers, marketing professionals, sales professionals, or customer service professionals.
- It has a leader board where scores are displayed for all quiz takers to note how they measure up.
- It has a quiz timer and a question pool.
- Enterprise and professional plans have an outcome screen that displays quiz takers score on a final screen.
- It can be integrated with other web services such as MailChimp, Salesforce, and ActiveCampaign.
- It’s highly customizable.
- It makes surveys quickly.
- It’s cheap for the quantity provided.
- The customer service is responsive.
- The interface looks old fashioned.
- The tech support isn’t 24/7.
- It has a 7-day free trial.
- The Essential plan costs $33 monthly, while the Professional plan costs $50 monthly.
- Costs for Enterprise and ReportR plans are provided on request.
Alchemer (formerly SurveyGizmo) survey maker platform has remarkable features with good user-friendly, easily making it one of the best in the industry. There are two versions of Alchemer – one focuses on ease of use for individuals, while the other is mainly for customer research.
- It’s easy to use.
- It has advanced reporting, which allows you to share data with your peers.
- It allows for a completely customized setting.
- It can be integrated with other web services such as Salesforce and SaaS products.
- Pricing for additional features is high.
- It’s not very mobile responsive.
- Updates do not extend to previous features.
- It provides the option of a free trial.
- Pricing starts at $25 monthly with the Collaborator plan.
- Professional and Full Access plans cost $85 and $150 per month, respectively.
- To get the Enterprise Package, you’ need to request the price.
Customer feedback is a key component of surveys. AskNicely is a crowd customer experience platform that offers great customer feedback. Maintaining a steady customer feedback mechanism for your business can help you develop powerful leads and improve your business-customer relationship. The platform automatically collects clients’ feedback via email, SMS, or web, using a creative and short survey format.
- The quiz maker is built around the Net Promoter Score (NPS) that allows you to ask to follow up questions.
- It’s built to set up survey delivery after every event automatically.
- It can be integrated with Salesforce, Hubspot, and Slack.
- It can be connected to your CRM without any form of coding.
- It’s customizable. You can place desired logos and colors on the form.
- It allows you to create forms in multiple languages.
- It can automatically survey a sample of customers in your CRM every month.
- The Net Promoter Scores can’t be customized.
- Integrations need improvement.
- Pricing isn’t favorable for small businesses and individuals on a budget.
- Unlike other quiz makers, you can only find out the price of Ask Nicely plans on request.
Typeform is one of the most engaging forms ad survey tools in the market. Its unique features are very suitable for professional marketers as it allows them to collect data with ease. It’s capable of generating exciting surveys that are very intuitive for visitors and ensure an enjoyable experience. The interface is user friendly.
- It allows you to build and design your themes.
- It has an array of embed options.
- It can be connected to other web services (for example, integrating into CRM services like Hubspot) with the aid of Zapier.
- It offers you free access to data API.
- It’s capable of answer piping.
- It allows you to create top-notch cross-device online forms and surveys.
- It doesn’t integrate with website builders like Squarespace, Wix, and Weebly.
- It has limited options for customizing form design.
- It doesn’t have robust functionality.
- The platform has a free plan
- The pricing starts at $35 monthly for the Essential and Professional plans for 1,000 and 5,000 responses.
- The premium plan costs $70 per month for 10,000 responses.
As the name suggests, Brandquiz is best for creating branded quizzes. The platform creates quizzes, personality tests, assessments, surveys, lead pages, and forms. The quiz maker has exciting templates and a very responsive platform. It’s compatible with other platforms such as Drupal, WordPress, Wix, and Weebly.
- It has amazing design options to choose from.
- The user interface is interactive.
- It can be integrated with other top marketing platforms like Salesforce, MailChimp, and Hubspot.
- It doesn’t have many features.
- There’s a free plan for 100 submissions per month.
- There are free trials for paid plans.
- Pricing starts with the Starter plan at $19 per month or 250 submissions.
- Professional and Business plans cost $69 for 2,500 monthly submissions and $159 for 10,000 monthly submissions.
GetFeedback is a software that allows you to create an engaging survey form. With this app, you can build and send beautifully branded surveys that aid in lead generation and transform customers from only being aware of your product to active purchase. GetFeedback is a highly rated quiz maker platform suitable for large businesses that fully grasp their customer’s data. It can be integrated with Salesforce CRM.
- It’s responsive to multiple devices.
- It can carry out and show results of real-time analytics.
- It’s responsive to multiple devices.
- Surveys sometimes need additional customization.
- Question types need more flexibility.
- The platform has a 14-day free trial.
- Pricing for the premium version starts at $50 a month.
14. Google Forms
Google forms are simple and easy to use. Though it comes with just a decent interface, it’s still one of the most popular quiz makers and survey platforms. With this platform, you can create surveys and questionnaires. As part of the Google G suite, data from Google forms can be extracted and deployed on google sheets for analysis.
- It can create beautiful forms
- It’s capable of collecting and organizing information.
- It allows you to use your photo and logo.
- The forms are responsive, making it easy to make and edit.
- Customization is limited.
- Security is limited – you’d need to create a strong password to help with security.
- Form options are limited.
- The platform has a free plan.
- The Basic, Business, and Enterprise plan cost $6, $12, and $25 per user monthly.
Formcraft is regarded as a top WordPress builder that allows you to make beautiful forms. It can also be used to create questionnaires and quizzes. This online form builder tool creates responsive forms without coding.
- It’s capable of supporting multiple page forms.
- It offers real-time analytics features.
- It can be easily integrated with WordPress via a plugin.
- The backend can be unresponsive.
- The premium version’s pricing starts from $15 a month with the Startup plan.
- The Growth, Business, and Enterprise plans cost $30, $75, and $195.
16. Hubspot Forms
Hubspot forms are easy to use even though they come with some advanced features. They’re ingeniously designed to convert unidentified visitors on your web page into the lead. The platform allows you to build a solid relationship with your contacts by sending reminders to them via phone calls, texts, or emails.
- You can easily set up and create quizzes.
- It can be integrated with WordPress via a plugin.
- It has an intuitive UI.
- It’s expensive for small businesses.
- The layout needs improvement.
- It can be too complicated to use.
- Hubspot forms are free.
17. Microsoft Forms
The platform allows users to create quizzes, surveys, and online polls. Microsoft forms are very suitable for teachers who intend to access students and get feedback in real-time. They can also display the students’ scores after completing every test, making the learning process more engaging and interesting.
Microsoft forms are also helpful in the automation and transformation of business solutions with well-created forms.
- They’re remarkable forms that help in building surveys, quizzes, and feedback forms.
- It’s capable of analyzing quiz information in real-time.
- The results can be moved to Microsoft Excel for further analysis.
- It’s easy to use.
- It doesn’t have advanced features.
- You can’t import questions from external sources.
- It’s free for Microsoft office users.
Benefits of Good Quizzes
There are several quiz makers. However, only a few are suitable for growing your audience and achieving a long-lasting result. You can select the quiz maker app that best fits your learning and development needs. From the user’s perspective, quizzes help in achieving the following:
Find valuable information casually
In an online store, quizzes can be used to direct customers toward the best product. The best part is that they casually draw the prospect in without looking like a force sell.
Capable of attracting traffic
Quizzes appeal to our sense of challenge. As a result, they’re difficult to resist. Therefore, several prospects can take an interest in the quiz and click on the link. Furthermore, they can be a marketing strategy for attracting traffic from other channels, including social media, because they’re easy to share.
Suitable for capturing users’ information
As a business owner, you can use quizzes to develop a robust lead acquisition method. You can capture information, such as contact and email address. They also help you determine users that are potential customers and their product purchasing habits. With quizzes, you build your email list – an essential tool for driving leads and sales.
Bonus: 9 Quiz Examples & ideas for Inspiration
Quizzes are one of the most effective tools to engage with the audience, attract more traffic, and eventually boost conversion rates. In the following section, we’ll take a look at 9 quizzes to spark ideas for your next interactive content.
1. Drinktrade quiz
Online store Drinktrade sells coffee. For a long time, the company had a problem – low conversion to purchase. The marketing experts of the company did some research and found out the reason: visitors were afraid to order coffee because they didn’t know if they would like it, so they preferred to go to the store and buy it there.
The team developed a short quiz where they asked consumers about their preferences:
- Do they drink coffee with or without milk?
- Do they brew it in a coffee machine or use a turkey?
- Do they like sourness or bitterness in the flavor?
Based on the answers, the store offered only one option from the catalog that matched the consumer’s preferences. They got this result:
- Conversion to online purchase increased – consumers aren’t afraid to make the wrong choice. They buy the type of coffee offered based on their preferences.
- The company increased the average check as they started recommending more expensive items in the catalog.
- The company received free PR: the media wrote about the quiz and the consumers themselves started to send the link to their friends.
2. Warby Parker quiz
This eyewear store offers potential customers 5 pairs of frames to choose the right ones, but it can be difficult to choose 5 items because of the wide range. In addition, it’s hard to tell from just one picture of the glasses whether a particular model will fit a particular customer.
The store’s quiz helps customers narrow down their choices and offers glasses that fit the characteristics of the particular user.
Store’s quiz not only filters the assortment by the width of the customer’s face but also gathers the customer’s preferences for materials, shape, and frame size – all with drawn illustrations that accurately show all the characteristics. It’s a fun, quick, and painless quiz that doesn’t break the brain and benefits both the customer and the store.
3. YogaClub quiz
YogaClub is the premier activewear subscription box that styles people for at least 50% off retail prices so people can look good and feel good for less.
Their quiz gathers information on where users typically buy sportswear. The quiz offers many examples of retailers, from high-end boutiques to run-of-the-mill stores. This allows the store to get an immediate idea of the prices and styles the customer prefers, without having to ask a dozen more questions.
The YogaClub quiz also uses illustrations to gather information about body shape, which helps users choose from pictures which shape best fits their body.
4. Neil Patel`s consulting services
Marketer Neil Patel invited users to take the quiz when they left his site. The project team found out that out of hundreds of content published on the blog, a person needs to read seven to decide to make a purchase.
After users read the blog and decided to leave, a window popped up in front of them asking them to answer ten questions.
Neil asked about what the user was doing, their current results, and current issues. After that, he offered to leave an email so that the reader could get a selection of articles to get results.
In the end, the project team collects new emails and gets valuable information about current resources. Then it focuses the user’s attention on the right materials that inspire trust and excite a desire to purchase their paid product.
5. Better Help quiz
Better Help is a mental health support service that offers low-cost remote counseling. This quiz assesses the user’s mental health support needs and identifies the level of interest in talking therapy to find the right therapist for the client. The quiz also assesses the likelihood of suicide – it saves lives.
The Better Help quiz also allows potential clients to indicate cultural and religious preferences. This directly addresses a pain point that many people experience in talk therapy: finding a therapist who understands their characteristics.
6. Care Of quiz
Care Of is a company that selects a vitamin kit specifically for clients. Their quiz brings out the characteristics of the consumer. Care Of`s quiz asks about the customer`s experience taking vitamins, finds out goals, and asks general lifestyle questions.
It also finds out how the customer prefers to take their vitamins (not everyone likes to swallow a bunch of huge pills and the company understands that).
In addition, they gather information about what the customer usually eats – important information when you’re a vitamin company looking to fill in the gaps in consumer nutrition.
7. Naturally Curly (NC) quiz
NC is a specialty hair care website and online store specializing in curly hair care products.
What’s interesting is that the quiz doesn’t just collect information. It provides value by educating the customer as they gather information and explaining key aspects of curly hair that customers may not know about (for example, did you know that hair has different levels of porosity?).
At the end of the quiz, the products designed for customers’ hair type are shown and can be purchased directly from the Naturally Curly website.
Many people know it’s hard to find the right products for curly hair, so educating and recommending targeted products to potential customers is cool.
8. Blue Bottle Coffee quiz
The Blue Bottle Coffee quiz collects the user’s coffee preferences based on brewing style, brightness, flavor preference, and the amount they drink.
In the end, it offers 2 varieties of coffee that match the customers’ preferences, allowing them to choose. At the same time, Blue Bottle Coffee encourages the customer to make a purchase right now. Wouldn’t you agree that it’s easier to choose one of 2 items rather than 20?
9. Billie Razors quiz
Billie is a company that sells subscription razors for women. It has established itself by offering a cheaper razor that is designed better than most already on the market. Their quiz lists prices for each product because their target customer is not willing to overpay the “pink tax” (artificially raising the cost of products aimed at women).
The quiz includes just 3 questions and the answers customize the customer’s subscription according to how often she will use the product. It’s very convenient and effective.
With the knowledge of these best quiz maker apps, selecting the right platform shouldn’t pose a problem. You should be able to identify what you need to grow your audience. Then you can create a lead generation process and have a sales funnel that will convert prospects to buying customers. After that, you can pick a quiz maker that suits your business and sales generation plan.