A good web presence entails the proper implementation of a successful marketing campaign. More than driving high site traffic through paid and organic searches, one recipe for marketing is optimizing your landing pages. Don’t waste your marketing capital with unproven methods; know the right marketing elements for a higher chance of success.
Embrace the right mindset that marketing is a never-ending journey, but rather it is a continuous process as long as your business exists. This is why it’s important to lay a strong foundation when creating marketing strategies to ensure they are effective, engaging, budget-friendly, and yield long-term results.
Below are the key components to help you reach your short-term and long-term business goals for a successful digital marketing campaign:
Woorise is the easiest way to create beautiful and powerful contests, giveaways, competitions and engaging forms that generate sales, social engagement and followers. See examples
Intelligent Market Research
If you want to have invaluable insight into your customers and all aspects that can influence your business, market analysis is crucial. Online market research involves observing the possible reasons why customers visit your store, set up appointments, or call your customer service hotline.
Make sure that the findings of your market research are backed up with facts. All claims and assumptions should be reaffirmed. It’s not enough to know the numbers. You have to understand the data and work with your team to rule out actionable steps possible.
Remember that value proposition and product development come hand in hand with up-to-date research. Once you understand the impact of competing solutions and emerging technologies, it will help clarify and pursue the right marketing opportunities for your business.
Here are some tips and tricks in implementing intelligent market research:
- Designate one of your employees or a team to monitor an influx of data and keep you updated real-time with marketing news and trends. Having a market research team will ensure proper strategic planning according to emerging marketing trends applicable to your business.
- Enrich research data using reliable marketing computer software. If you have only a few employees or workforce, or if you prefer working with a few people, investing in a marketing database software is a good decision. You’ll save time through automation, which drives real-time results 24/7.
- Hire a digital marketing expert for your online campaigns, like one from rankfire.agency. Creating an effective marketing campaign can be tough, so partnering with experienced and expert marketing professionals is a practical thing to do for startups and busy entrepreneurs.
Target Audience or Buyer Personas
A marketing campaign won’t be successful without determining your target audience. It’s like going on a battlefield without the necessary ammunition. Never allow your marketing campaign to end up in a disaster. Know and understand buyer personas and start planning your next marketing campaign with this important component in mind.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you identify your target audience and understand buyer personas:
- Understand your product by knowing what segment of the population will highly benefit from it. For instance, young professionals and fitness enthusiasts will highly benefit from using smartwatches. You might also consider the health-conscious elderly who want to monitor their heart rate and walking distance.
- Take one step at a time once you have determined your target audience. Focus your marketing campaign on one segment and go to the next, following their degree of importance. For example, you might want to target health and fitness enthusiasts first as you promote your new smartwatches. These are the people who already have a fit body and healthy lifestyle, greatly influencing other people to try your new product via social media or word-of-mouth advertising.
Search Engine Optimization or SEO
Contrary to popular belief, search engine optimization is not only focused on revamping your web page or optimizing your site in search engines like Google. You have to make sure that your site works well in mobile screens (mobile-friendly) and your URL contains the name of your company.
The most important thing is to ensure that your marketing campaign aligns with the keyword-phrases or colloquial sentences used by online users. Your website should be search engine-optimized for local searches for an effective marketing campaign.
When creating marketing content, make sure that it is attention-grabbing. It should connect with your audience and buyer personas. Also, it should address and answer the biggest concerns and questions, providing your target audience with facts that are verifiable, which will support your assumptions, claims, and arguments.
Whether offline or online, it’s important to have informative, engaging, and updated marketing content. For instance, in a brick-and-mortar business, you have to keep the prices of your products and services updated in brochures or product catalogs, flyers, banners, and window displays. People should have a clear understanding of your business name, contact details, and the nature of your business.
Here are some examples of web content you should consider to strengthen your marketing campaign:
- Images: Make sure to use your company photos or your own professionally-taken images instead of stock photos. You don’t want your customers to see the same photos all over again from your competitors and your website, too.
- Infographics: These are text embedded in images that are more visually appealing than traditional texts. You can create infographics using free online tools, like Visme.
- High-Quality Videos: If you have a knack for creating videos, you can use it to boost your marketing campaign by marketing it on social media, like Instagram and Facebook, and video marketing platforms, like YouTube.
- Audio or Podcast: Online audio or Podcasting is a broadcasting marketing solution not only for those who have vision impairment, but for those who are mobile Podcast users. Take advantage of audio marketing campaigns to reach a broader customer base.
- High-Quality Articles: Create unique articles that are related to your brand and would be highly beneficial to your audience. As much as possible, create 1,500 to 2,000-word content with short paragraphs and subheadings, so Google and other search engines can easily crawl and index your content, and will perceive your content as relevant and comprehensive.
Creating a clear and easy-to-understand listing is very important. For instance, if you’re into real estate, using an advertising portal would be helpful in your marketing campaign. According to Forbes, real estate advertising has gone high-tech, and the newest crop of home buyers are millennials. Real estate advertising portals usually offer free seller tips through blogs, press releases, or articles that are beneficial, so you can effectively market your property to millennials.
If you’re a real estate investor or a real estate agent, listing properties on the right real estate advertising portal is highly beneficial for you. Also, online tools are available to help buyers and sellers determine financial capabilities, like a mortgage calculator, and compare the prices of properties listed in specific locations.
You can make your agent or business profile stand out by being unique and creative with your listing. For example, you may include a hard-to-turn-down deal on the listing, like a free smart TV or a brand-new home security system included in the property for sale.
Here are some tips and tricks to increase quality leads when creating a listing:
- Post your listings on many real estate web portals to reach as many buyers as possible.
- List your properties on highly trafficked listing portals first. More traffic means higher purchase intent of visitors.
- Use your SEO knowledge and online tools to know the best keywords to use for your listing or ad.
- Link your listing to your social media page or website if the portal allows it. This allows potential buyers to have more information and options.
- Create an account and upload a profile picture of yourself or your company logo together with your listings to increase brand awareness or exposure.
- If you’re a newbie, hire a listing specialist expert to make sure you have a great listing and also get an idea of how to manage your listings in the future.
Once you’ve found the right advertising portal in which to list and market your products and services, you’ll have more confidence and peace of mind that you’ll get quality leads and more potential buyers who have serious intentions. Also, you’ll be able to assess the buyer right from the start through real advertising solutions to save your time, money, and effort, and eventually increase your revenue.
Influencers and Brand Marketing
Once you have set and determined your business’ core values, vision, and mission, it’s time to create a list of your potential brand marketers or influencers. Start by creating a master list of all people whom you know can help you market or promote your business, then divide them further based on a set of classifications.
If you want a practical and straightforward marketing concept, plan a marketing campaign with the help of influencers. These people are the most influential people online with a considerable number of followers. Some examples of influencers include celebrities, organizations, consumer advocates, bloggers, YouTubers, and social media personalities. It’s also surprising to know that you can make other business owners as partners or even your competitors as influencers. In the digital world, you need influencers to reach more customers and investors, too.
Instead of becoming a competitor, an imitator, or a threat, you should let your business fit into the ecosystem naturally, so you’ll eventually become an integral element in your chosen niche. Defining the roles of your prospective influencers can help you create better strategies on how to effectively work with them to achieve your short-term and long-term goals.
Here are some tips to help you define the roles of your influencers:
- Social Media Personalities: Check if an existing customer has a lot of followers in social media, has a fan page, or is an owner of another business (even if not related to yours).
- Podcasters: Tap local and even famous podcasters to give you air time to promote your business. You can also visit Podcasting sites and follow the influencers, as well as give comments to catch attention.
- Bloggers: It’s high time to reach out to your friends and connections in the blogging world, most especially SEO specialists. If you don’t know anyone directly, you have probably subscribed to a blogging site in the past or are following a nice blog site personally. Try reaching out to the owners of these sites and state your intention of working with them.
- Business Owners or List Owners: Join trade fairs or attend events and meet new and old business owners. It’s an excellent opportunity to meet a lot of partners who can help you grow your business. You might chance upon your next big business partner by meeting business owners in a conference, business training, or short course seminar. Also, you’ll gain great business insights, like how to increase your existing holdings by buying stocks.
Marketing Technological Trends
Marketing today is far more advanced compared to what it was a decade ago. With the advent of digital marketing, product promotions are mostly done online. Because most consumers use the internet or the web in making purchases, e-commerce has totally evolved. You can create a virtual store along with your physical store. Start by having a business website.
Another latest marketing trend is the use of augmented and virtual reality. It’s an immersive way to market your products and services by incorporating 3D images on your store’s window displays, ads, and email marketing campaigns by stimulating more senses aside from the eyes. In that way, consumers will have a real feeling of using the product without entering your store or purchasing the product yet.
A successful marketing campaign starts with market research. Next, you have to know buyer personas and engage with your target audience using digital marketing strategies, like SEO, content marketing, and social media marketing.
Also, creating a good listing is crucial if you’re marketing products in your e-commerce store or major marketplaces. In addition, you can partner with brand marketers and influencers to increase your brand visibility, credibility, and authority. Don’t forget to always align your marketing campaign with emerging marketing technological trends.