Gallery block allows you to run photo contests with voting capabilities. You can first collect the photos and then allow users to vote for their favorites.
You can start collecting photo submissions using a File Upload field in your form. Optionally you can add the Gallery block to show the submitted photos to your participants and keep voting disabled or optional. There are two ways to allow voting:
In this article
Collect photos and allow voting in a new campaign
This is the recommended way if you want to keep photo submissions and voting separately.
- First create a campaign to accept photo submissions using the File Upload field.
- After the photo submission period ends, create a new campaign or start with a template.
- Add a Gallery block, choose the campaign you created earlier and enable Voting.
Collect photos and allow voting in the same campaign
- Create a campaign to accept photo submissions using the File Upload field. Optionally you can add the Gallery block and keep voting disabled or optional.
- After the photo submission period ends, hide the File Upload field by setting it to Administrative from the Appearance tab > Visibility.
- Next, enable Voting or setting it to Required in the Gallery block and start accepting new submissions.
Gallery block settings
- Items: Allows you to set the number of displayed Gallery items.
- Manual approve entries: By default all submissions appears automatically in the Gallery block. If Manual Approve is set to enabled you can manual approve entries from the Entries page > Gallery column.
- Show details: You can choose to show entry details such us the entry id or participant name (if the Name field provided in the form).
- Order by: Select the order of the Gallery items.
- Allow sorting: If it’s set to enabled, participants have the option to choose the order of the Gallery items.
- Enable: If it’s set to enabled, participants can vote their favorite Gallery item.
- Required: If it’s set to enabled, users will prompt to vote before submitting the form.
- Max votes per user: This option appears if the Voting is enabled and allows you to set the maximum number of Gallery items a participant can vote. By default is set to 1 Gallery item per submission.
- Show votes: Allows you to enable the number of votes each Gallery item has received.
- Allows you to set the Text and Background color for the “Load more” button.
- Allows you change or translate any Gallery related text strings.
When the Gallery block is in place the following columns are available in the Entries page:
- Votes: Shows the total number of votes an entry has received.
- Voted: Shows the entry ID of what the user has voted.
- Gallery: Allows you to hide or show specific entries from the Gallery block. By default all entries are shown in Gallery. An email notification event Show in Gallery is available to send an email notification when an entry is approved.