It’s always a best practice and in most cases is required (see GDRP) to add a subscriber opt-in checkbox to your form that allows visitors to decide whether they would like to subscribe to your mailing or not. In this article we will show you how to add one or more opt-in checkboxs to your form.
- From the Campaigns main menu choose to edit the campaign you want.
- Next, click the Form tab.
- From the Standard Fields click or drag and drop to add the Checkboxes field.
- Click on the field to expand and edit the options.
- From the Choices you can customize the default default text, remove or add more checkboxes. You can also mark the choice as checked by default by using the checkbox that appear to the left of each choice but when it comes to opting-in for email, un-checked is best.
- Next, you should enable Conditional Logic for this field on the Feed Settings so the form submissions will only be exported to your email marketing app when the checkbox is checked.