Email Notifications allow you to automatically email someone when they submit the form. You can also set up self notifications and get an email each time someone submits the form.
You can have multiple notifications for a single form, and even for a single submission. Additionally you can use the conditional logic option to send email notifications based on choices that user made in the form, if he/she is a winner (using Instant Win option) or for other events.
Create a new Email Notification
- First, access the Campaign that you want to create a notification for.
- Click on the Form tab and then on the Notifications tab.
- Click the Add New button to create an Email Notification. Note that you can create multiple notifications.
- Configure the following options.
First, pick a name for your notification. This is simply something to easily identify the notification. Any unique name will be fine.
Event option becomes available when a payment gateway is activated. This allows you to send a notification email when a specific event occurs. Here is a list with the most common events:
- Payment Completed
- Payment Refunded
- Payment Failed
- Payment Pending
- Authorization Voided
- Subscription Created
- Subscription Canceled
- Subscription Expired
- Subscription Payment Added
- Subscription Payment Failed
This allows you to determine how the message is sent. The options available are the following:
- Enter Email: This is simply a single email address that all notifications for this form will be sent to.
- Select a Field: This option will allow you to send the notifications based on the contents of an email address field in the form.
- Configure Routing: This option will allow you to send the notification to different locations based on the options that the user selects in the form.
When a notification email is sent, this is the name that will be displayed as the sender. Here, you can set this to something static, or dynamically generate that data using Merge Tags. If this field left empty your Site Title will be used.
From email is automatically set to email@example.com. This is important to prevent email notifications going to spam and deliverability issues.
Enter the email address you would like to be used as the reply to address for the notification email. This can take a static email address, or use merge tags by clicking on the icon to the right of the field.
If additional recipients should be added to the notification via BCC, they can be added here as a comma separated email addresses. This option supports static text as well as merge tags.
Set the subject of the email notification. Just like many of the previous fields, these also support merge tags to dynamically generate content. You can also combine text with merge tags to create unique email Subjects.
This is the main message of the email notification. You can add text, links, buttons, images, merge tags and more.
If there is a File Upload field on the form, the Attachments option is available. By selecting this option, the files that are uploaded on the form are included when the Notification is sent.
If you carefully craft your notification layout (e.g. using HTML) and do not want to be added any line breaks, select the Disable Auto Formatting checkbox below the message field.
Notifications support Conditional Logic, allowing you to define specific conditions that determine whether or not this email notification gets sent. Select the option to enable conditional logic here, you can then configure your conditions.