Square lets you accept credit card payments directly on your Woorise account. Whether you’re selling simple products or services, you can turn your Woorise site into an online store in minutes.
Accept all major credit cards, Square gift cards, Apple Pay, and Google Pay. Square payment processing keeps online transactions safe and secure.
- In your Woorise dashboard click on Integrations from the main menu and activate Square.
- Next click on Square integration Settings.
- Specify the environment you want to send your form submissions to. Choosing Live will send transactions to your live/production Square account and may initiate real charges. Sandbox will pass the form entry into your Square Sandbox environment, which will not generate any real transactions.
Your Woorise currency Settings must match the Currency Settings in your Square account or you will get an error when attempting to connect to Square.
Connecting to Live
- Select the Mode Live and Click the Connect with Square button.
- Your web browser will pass you to a new screen showing “Redirecting you to Square…” If you aren’t automatically redirected, there is a link to follow in the form that will take you to the Square authentication page.
- Login with your Square Account and Sign In.
- You will be directed to a Square Permissions screen with a list of the permissions that are necessary for the feed to be properly configured.
- Click Allow to accept the listed permissions.
- You will be returned to the Square Settings tab. You should see “Connected to Square as” with your account name.
- A new section will also be added for Business Location. Your default Business Location in Square will be selected, but if you have more than one in your account, you can select the correct one from this list.
Connecting to Sandbox
Testing your configuration and your forms without processing live transactions is an essential and recommended tool in your arsenal when working with payment processing forms. Configuring this in Square is very easy.
Configuring the Sandbox connection requires a Developer account configured at Square.
- Go to the Square Developer Account Sign-in: https://squareup.com/signup?v=developers
- Once you’ve configured your account, go to the Developer Dashboard and create a new Application: https://developer.squareup.com/apps
- From the New Application Screen, Give your application a name and click Save.
- You will be returned to the Developer Dashboard and presented with a list of Sandbox Test Accounts. Select the one you just created and click Launch to open the Seller Sandbox Dashboard.
- This will launch this portal (Developer Dashboard): https://squareupsandbox.com/dashboard/
Once you have launched the Seller Test account from the Square Developer Dashboard, you can continue connecting your Sandbox Account from the Square settings in your Woorise account.
- Select the Mode Sandbox and Click the Connect with Square button.
- Your web browser will pass you to a new screen showing “Redirecting you to Square…”
- You will be directed to a Square Permissions screen with the message “Gravity Forms is requesting permission to do the following:” and a list of the permissions that are necessary for the feed to be properly configured.
- Click Allow to accept the listed permissions.
- You will be returned to the Square Settings tab. You should see “Connected to Square as” with your Sandbox Application Name.
- A new section will also be added for Business Location. Your default Test Account Application in Square will be selected, but if you have more than one in your account, you can select the correct one from this list.
Create a Square Feed
In order your Woorise form to be compatible with Square must contain the following fields:
- A Pricing field
- A Square field, which provides Credit Card input and Cardholder name
- A Name field
- An Email field
- An Address field
- Select the campaign you want and click on Form tab.
- From the Settings click on Square.
- Click Add New to create a new feed.
Square Feed Settings
A feed Name is required. It is only used for identification and will not be shown anywhere other than your feed listing.
- Transaction Type
Products and Services are single one time payments. Subscriptions are not currently available for Square.
- Payment Amount
Determines which form field will be used for the payment amount. For example, you could choose a specific product Field, or the form Total.
- Billing Information
Map your form fields to the Square address fields to determine what information will be sent to Square for each required billing field. This will include your Email Field, Name Fields and Address Fields.
- Conditional Logic
Conditional Logic also allows you to configure multiple Square Feeds for a single form and trigger the correct one based on Conditional Logic.