Woorise gives you an easy way to integrate all of your campaigns with the MailChimp email marketing service. Collect and add subscribers to your email marketing audience automatically when a form is submitted. Control opt-in and only add subscribers to MailChimp interest groups when a certain condition is met.
To integrate Woorise with MailChimp you will first need to obtain and save a MailChimp API key. In this article, we will show you how to get your MailChimp API key, then save it within your Woorise account.
Table of Contents
Create your Mailchimp API key
- First, log into your MailChimp account. If you do not already have a MailChimp account, you may sign up for an account on the MailChimp website.
- Once logged in, click on your name at the top right of the screen, then click on Account.
- From within your account settings page, click on Extras, then click on API Keys.
- If you have never used MailChimp’s API before, you will need to generate an API key. To do so, scroll down the page to the section labeled Your API Keys and click on the Create A Key button.
- The page will then reload and the empty Your API Keys section now be now populated with your new key.
Adding your Mailchimp API key to Woorise
Now that you have obtained your MailChimp API key, it’s time to add it to Woorise so that it may begin communicating with the MailChimp API.
- In your Woorise dashboard click Integrations.
- Find the Mailchimp integration and click on Activate.
- After activation a Settings link will show up.
- You will now be prompted to enter your MailChimp API key. Simply enter it into the field labeled API Key and click the Update Settings button.
- Save your settings. Next, you will need to create a feed for MailChimp.
Creating a Feed for MailChimp
To integrate Woorise with MailChimp you will need to create a feed which will determine how the data is passed from your form to MailChimp.
- In your Woorise dashboard, click on Campaigns and edit the campaign you want to be used with MailChimp.
- Next, click on the Form.
- From this page, hover over Form Settings on the top menu, and click on MailChimp.
- To begin creating a feed, click Add New.
- You should now be presented with your feed settings. First, enter a name for your feed within the Name field. This can be anything you want it to be, as long as it is unique.
- Next, select your audience that you want to associate this form with by using the MailChimp Audience dropdown.
- Upon selecting your audience, additional fields will be displayed. The first of these is the Map Fields option. Here, you will use the dropdowns to select the corresponding fields used in your MailChimp Audience.
- Conditional logic can also be applied to MailChimp feeds. By using the Opt-In Condition checkbox, you are able to use conditional logic to only subscribe the user if a particular condition is met.
- The MailChimp feed has a few extra options available to it. The first of these is the Double Opt-In checkbox. If this checkbox is selected, MailChimp will send an email to the user to confirm their subscription.
- Once all of your changes are made, be sure to click the Update Settings button to save your changes.
Your should now be familiar with setting up a feed for the MailChimp and are ready to begin receiving subscribers through your form.