If you own a website or landing page that is focused on converting visitors, then having a properly functional and optimized form is essential for its success. We can use the forms for various purposes, both personal and professional: from capturing your visitors’ email addresses to free-trial registration to capturing their information for a subscription.
On the other hand, having an optimized form is easier said than done: the form must be functional enough and include readable/clickable form fields, text boxes, buttons, checkboxes, and so on depending on your needs, while at the same time must be aesthetically pleasing.
So, creating an optimized form from scratch can be a long and arduous process, and this is where having a form builder tool to get the job done is very handy.
Woorise is the easiest way to create viral contests, giveaways & competitions, landing pages and engaging forms such us surveys and quizzes. Generate more sales, increase traffic, social engagement and followers. See examples
If your site is based on WordPress, there are various WordPress form builder plugins available in the market today to choose from. Yet, will all the different options, choosing just one of them can be quite confusing with all the different features and functionalities.
For that, here we will review some of the best WordPress form builder plugins available in the market today, and by the end, you can choose one according to your needs and budget.
Woorise allows you to create multiple type of campaigns including simple or more advanced and complex forms. It’s super easy to embed a form in your WordPress site by installing the lightweight Woorise WordPress plugin.
Because Woorise is not a WordPress plugin but a SaaS platform it will not affect the speed of your WordPress site neither will bloat your database if you receive tones of submissions. You can also embed the form on any website or platform even if it’s not WordPress based.
Woorise is a lot more than a form builder. With Woorise you can create not only advanced forms such as event registration forms, application forms, newsletter sign up forms but also viral giveaways & contests, landing pages, engaging forms such as surveys, quizzes and polls, order and checkout forms and a lot more.
Woorise also integrates with popular marketing platforms like Mailchimp, Aweber, ActiveCampaign, Hubspot, Google Analytics, Bitly, Zapier, PayPal, Stripe and many more.
- Drag & Drop form and campaign builder
- Conditional logic to show or hide fields, sections or social actions
- Email Notifications
- Accept payments from popular payment gateways such as PayPal and Stripe
- Fraud and spam protection including Google reCAPTCHA
- Export entries to a CSV file
- 40+ ready to use form fields and actions with the ability to create your own
- Form calculations capabilities
- Multi step forms support
- Can upload files, documents, images or audio file via form submissions
- Advanced and powerful functionality to easily manage entries
There is a Free plan that most form related features are available. Premium plans with more features start at €29/month.
2. Kali Forms
Kali Forms is the most powerful and easy-to-use WordPress form plugin. It provides a large variety of features as well as pre-made templates to make your work easier. This form builder integrates a drag and drop builder to add fields to your form easily.
Contact forms created with Kali Forms are fully mobile responsive, so your contact forms will look great on mobile, tablet, laptop, and desktop devices. Thanks to its advanced fields, you can create forms for any purpose – contact forms, payment forms, feedback forms, and more for your website without the hassle.
As you can see, Kali Forms is a fast, modern, clean, and extensible form plugin that increases your workflow, but let’s see who its best soldiers are.
- Drag and drop builder;
- Advanced fields – collect information from users through a big bunch of field types;
- Conditional logic – hide and show fields in your forms based on your user selections;
- Multi-page forms – group your page fields on different pages;
- Submissions handling – store submission data in your database;
- Form notifications – trigger one or multiple notifications on each submission form;
- reCAPTCHA and Akismet integration – prevent spam submissions through Google reCAPTCHA and Akismet services;
- Form templates – pre-made templates that can be added to your form;
- Form calculator – perform simple or complex calculation through your form fields;
- PayPal and Stripe integration – allow payments through the PayPal and Stripe payment gateways;
- User registration – create, edit, and login users;
- Digital signature – add digital signatures to your form;
- Enhance eCommerce – Increase e-Commerce flexibility by adding multiple product fields;
- MailChimp, MailerLite, ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign, Sendfox, Sendinblue; Mailpoet, Moosend, Campaign Monitor – add users to your newsletters;
- Google Analytics – track user behavior on your forms;
- HubSpot integration.
You can try the free version and find out if it suits your needs. Then, you can upgrade Kali Forms to premium and benefit from more powerful features. The pricing plans start at $29/year and conclude at $89/year, the most expensive and full-featured. If you don’t like Kali Forms over the next 14 days, then they will refund 100% of your money.
WPForms is one of the most popular WordPress form plugins and not without its reasons. First, it is a very easy-to-use form builder, but at the same time offers very powerful features. With the premium version ($59/year), we also get the Form Templates Pack with over 150 templates covering virtually all niches and needs.
With WPForms, we can simply select a form template and then use the drag-and-drop builder to build our forms. We can also edit the forms like adding or deleting fields and make changes to every single element of the form to optimize its performance.
WPForms also offers a pretty good third-party integration, including with various payment processing systems like PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.Net, among others.
- An easy to use drag-and-drop form builder
- Custom field types, allowing us to build both simple and complex forms
- Can capture emails even when people don’t finish the form, reducing form abandonment rate
- No coding required
- Create powerful surveys and polls with various tools
- Can upload files, documents, or images via form submissions
- Integration with Honeypot, reCAPTCHA, or custom CAPTCHA to prevent spam submissions
- 100% mobile-responsive
$59/year with a 14-day money-back guarantee. There is a freemium version called WPForms Lite that offers all the essential features including the drag-and-drop visual builder.
Ninja Forms is another very popular WordPress form builder plugin, and the free version is actually very useful for most basic form uses, has been downloaded by more than 20 million of users over the years.
However, it also offers various powerful features with a simple, easy to use user interface. It doesn’t require us to have any coding/programming knowledge, so even a complete beginner can use Ninja Forms to make functional, optimized forms.
Another great thing about Ninja Forms is its third-party integrations including to Zapier and various other CRM solutions. So, we can also use Ninja Forms as a powerful data-gathering tool by integrating it with our existing CRM solution.
- Beginner-friendly visual builder interface
- Can create all types of forms
- Data exportation to CVS (spreadsheets) and PDF
- Third-party integrations with various payment processors
- Third-party integrations with various CRMs and marketing tools
- Various add-ons
Ninja Forms pricing technically starts from $99/year and the most expensive plan is $499/year. Yet, you can technically customize the add ons included in the package and start from as low as $29/year. There is also a free version with limited capabilities, but should be enough for making simple forms.
Formidable Forms is a very versatile and—pun intended—formidable form building plugin for WordPress that is very easy to use not only to build your forms but also to create listings or directories based on gathered data.
You can easily filter, format, and display the gathered data from the filled-out forms, and you can display the data with custom views. You can easily add pages and posts on your WordPress using the data. If your forms are data-heavy, Formidable Forms is a great choice to consider.
Another feature we like from Formidable Forms is its ability to create very complex or very long forms to multi-page forms easily, which is pretty handy for certain implementations.
- The ability to upload multiple files to any single custom form
- Receive email notifications with each form submission
- Visual form builder with wide ranges of customization
- WCAG compliant, available to anyone
- Automatic form-filling feature to improve conversions
Formidable Forms starts at $149/year with basic add-ons, the most expensive plan with all the add-ons is $599/year. It also has a pretty usable free version, which you can use for basic form making and also for testing out the plugin.
Contact Form 7 is actually one of the oldest form building plugins for WordPress and has over 5 million users. One of the key ‘selling’ points of Contact Form 7 is that it is totally FREE. However, it does lack a visual free-form builder, and so it’s not as easy to use as the others on this list. That is, you need to have at least a basic HTML programming knowledge to effectively use Contact Form 7.
However, Contact Form 7 is pretty versatile, and you can add radio buttons, drop-down menus, checkboxes, quizzes, and file submission fields, among others. For a free plugin, they also have pretty good support from a very useful FAQ page, various documentation, and support forums that can help you in using this free plugin.
If you want something that is totally free, then Contact Form 7 can be a great choice.
- No visual builder. Need basic HTML to create your forms
- Versatile, can create simple contact forms and add various form fields like text boxes, checkboxes, dropdown menus, dates, and more
- Integration with Google reCAPTCHA to eliminate spam and bots
- Various free addons available to enhance the functionality of Contact Form 7 with extra features
Caldera Forms offers a really good drag-and-drop builder that is very easy to use and won’t require you to have any programming knowledge. It also offers advanced calculations, conditional logic, drop-down menus, and other useful tools to help you create basic to complex long forms as fast as possible.
Another interesting feature is the autoresponder, ensuring your website visitors always get a quick reply. Caldera Forms also offers multiple templates that cover various needs, which helps further in creating various forms quickly.
Caldera claims that they offer more free features than other WordPress form builder plugin. These free features include conditional logic, multi-part forms, file uploads, calculation fields, and others. Also, the free version is actually useful enough if you only want to create simple contact forms.
- Drag-and-drop visual builder, comprehensive with column-structuring support
- Custom style for all forms, but you can’t customize form markup
- API support
- JSON import/export
- Form calculations capabilities
- Multi-step forms support
Caldera Forms starts at $49.50/year, but there’s a free option that is usable enough for a basic form builder plugin. There are also various individual add-ons available for purchase. The most expensive plan is $249.50/year.
Everest Forms is a pretty versatile choice for both beginners and experts and can cover various form building needs. It features a very easy-to-use interface where you can easily manage the plugin and create all kinds of forms without much effort.
With that being said, the free version of Everest Forms is pretty remarkable, packing a lot of nice features that are normally only available from a paid plugin. The premium version offers some much more, with advanced features like conditional logic, integration with various solutions, and so on.
Beautiful interface and very intuitive, great even for a complete beginner just learning the ropes of form building.
- Versatile and easy-to-use form builder for making all kinds of forms
- Easily create forms with more than one column
- Conditional logic to build advanced forms
- Can create multi-part forms, polls, surveys, and more
- Third-party integration with various payment processing systems including PayPal and Stripe
- Connect with Zapier and third-party integration with other solutions
- Spam protection and translation features
Everest Forms’ premium plans start at $69/year, but if you want all the add-ons and features, you’d need to pay $249/year. As usual, there’s also the free version which is also pretty great and usable for building simple forms.
WeForms features a very sleek and intuitive interface, as usual with the drag-and-drop approach, allowing an easier time for beginners to build their first forms. WeForms also features many templates to help you save time in creating your forms compared to creating it from scratch.
One of the key highlights of WeForms, however, is that it is very versatile: the shortcode allows us to embed forms within the body of our content easily, and there are over 33 types of form fields for us to choose from.
It also has integrations with various third-party solutions, great anti-spam protection, and like some others in this list, also allows us to create forms with conditional logic.
- 33 ready to use form fields for extra versatility
- Easy to use and versatile form building interface
- Conditional logic capabilities
- Integrations with various marketing solutions which can help you with your d
weForms’ premium plans start from $39/year per user, and the most expensive plan is $399/year. There’s also a pretty handy free version that is useable enough for basic form building.
10. Gravity Forms
Gravity forms offers a very intuitive visual form builder that is very easy to navigate, making it a very beginner-friendly form builder plugin. However, Gravity Forms also offer some advanced features for experienced WordPress users.
A very interesting feature is how the conditional logic feature comes standard in all Gravity Forms’ plans, while other form builder solutions require you to pay extra or use third-party solutions.
Also, Gravity forms can automatically calculate numerical data submitted by visitors, which can be useful if your forms involve complex calculations like compound interest calculator, estimated installment payment, etc.
- Easy to use, powerful visual form builder. You can easily embed forms using the built-in tools.
- 30+ ready to use form field inputs
- Conditional logic feature, allows us to easily configure the form to show or hide fields. We can custom-tailor the forms according to their objectives
- Easy to use upload files function
- Email auto-responder capability
Gravity Forms does not offer a free version, and the plans start at $59 per year for a single site license. The Pro license is priced at $159 for 3 sites, and the Elite plan is $259 for an unlimited number of sites and all addons unlocked.
One of the key highlights of HappyForms is that the free version is really good with a great set of features. So, if you are looking for a free solution, then HappyForms is a great choice.
The premium version, however, is also very good and pretty affordable. You can easily customize your forms with its various features and very easy to use form builder. Also, HappyForms offer really good security features like Honeypot and ReCAPTCHA integration.
- Multi-page forms, split long forms over several pages
- Dashboard analytics feature, check abandonment rates, device usage, form completion, and more
- Save abandoned responses
- Password protection so only limited people can see and respond to your forms
- Unlimited forms and responses, no hidden fees
- See metadata like IP, platform, timezone, with every response
HappyForms starts from $49/year ($20 off at the moment from $69/year) for 1 website, there’s also a $99/year plan for 5 websites and more features, and the most expensive plan is $249/year for unlimited websites.
Free version is also available with limited features, but it is among one of the best free form builder plugins available.
A great choice if you are looking for an affordable form builder plugin that is also efficient and easy to use. The key highlight of Pabbly is how it offers unlimited form submissions and a great set of features including file uploads, users, storage, and so on at a minimal price.
Pabbly is not merely a plugin, but can be considered as a standalone form-building software offering numerous field options that are customizable. You can custom-tailor every detail of your form with ease.
- Custom branding capability
- Email autoresponder feature
- Form analytics feature
- Unlimited payment accounts
- Advanced conditional logics
- ReCAPTCHA integration
- Form scheduling
Pabbly only offers one plan that can be as low as $10/month (for one form) if you pay yearly. Everything is unlimited in this plan, no restriction on submissions, number of users, and others, making it arguably the most cost-effective solution in this list.